Sunday, 4 April 2010

Ellephantastic Tutorial - Decoupage with Clear Stamps

April
Theme: Spring
Tutorial by Helen Laurence - Decoupage with clear stamps

Ok Daisy & Dandelion fans today is Ellephantastic Monday again!!
Happy Easter everyone!!
It is a new month which means a new tutorial & theme.
It is my turn to do the tutorial & I am going to be using a stamp from the
Some Bunny Loves You set.

If you like doing decoupage but don't have any of the die cut sets, or you fancy something a bit different then this is for you!!


I'm going to start out by printing the same image 3 times & colouring them with Stampin' Up watercolour crayons & brushmarkers


I have coloured ALL of the 1st image, PART of the 2nd image & only a couple of bits on the 3rd image. Doing decoupage with clear stamps gives YOU the freedom to choose how many layers you want & which bits you would like to layer.
I have decided on 3 layers. 1st is the whole image, 2nd is head,ears, flowers & left foot. 3rd is left ear, flowers & nose only.


I have cut my layers out using decoupage scissors. They are nice & small easy to use & cut to the very end so are good for all the fiddly bits.


once cut I have gently rubbed the back of them using an embossing tool & mat. This gives the layers a bit of shape & curls them round slightly which also helps to hide your 3d pads.


I have used small 3D pads to stick my layers together.


Once complete you have a lovely little topper ready for any card or project.
Hope you enjoyed your little Ellephantastic Tutorial.
Come back next week for another one
x x x

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Great tutorial Helen!
Debbie x

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Brilliant. Thankyou for the inspiration - going to have a go at this.

Jane Matsumoto said...

Excellent tutorial, Helen!

Lana said...

Never even thought of doing it myself with stamps...I've always used pre-printed designs. Thanks so much for the inspiration! Lana