Thursday, 15 April 2010

ME/CFS update, MRI results, make Fybromyalgia visible

As most of you are aware I suffer with ME/CFS & for a while now I have been having some severe headaches. Yesterday I visited my doctor again about my neck pains.  My neck pains make it hard for me to do anything even simple things like brushing my teeth. My neck can also cause me to blackout/pass out/faint.

A few weeks ago I had an MRI on my brain, neck & shoulders. Yesterday the doctor told me that they found a few little things which were nothing significant & basically I am fine. This of course is good news but at the same time is bad news for me as yet again I was hoping they would find something to explain the strange pains, passingout & headaches. I wanted them to fix me.

I am therefore stuck with the fact that everything stupid little random thing wrong with me is due to the ME/CFS & Fybromyalgia, so now I am determined to make my life a tad easier by making everyone else aware of ME/CFS & Fybromyalgia

The links on the left hand side are all ME/FM related links
If & when I find things of interest I will be adding to them & will try & do the odd post too.
Thank you



6 comments:

Wipso said...

Really glad they didn't find anything bad but do understand your frustration. Keep smiling
hugs,
A x

jude said...

So pleased they didnt find anything .Had the same thing not so long ago myself hun.Yes it is now also down to ME/CFS <Fibro snap hun .Not fun is it just wish people wouldnt call us lazy !!!
So pleased nothing horrible which was weight of my mind when i had mine .But still like me we have to get used to coping and pacing.
good luck hun:)xx

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

oops forgot ... blame the meds....
Big gentle hugs to all out there with similar problems xxxxxxxxx

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

You've been told one thing and me another. Doc told me it was because the upper back and neck muscles cramping causing the muscles covering the head to also cramp, reducing the blood flow to the brain.... hence the "where am I?"
I am back on "the sick" again trying to get this latest flareup back under control. My vision has been going wonky again with my head wanting to explode and all they want me to do is physio and take pills :(

Steph said...

Glad to hear that all is "OK", Helen. See it as a positive, though I know you must be continually frustrated and sometimes want them to find something cos at least it would explain it all! Sorry I haven't been around much of late, hopefully back to blogging action! Big hugs x

Mel said...

Hi Hels, just catching up with things, as i've been out of action for a long while now with my me and my buns. I didn't realise my constant bad head and aching neck were part of me. Stupid of me really! Do you know my birthday card you sent me last year. I keep it with me when i am at my craft table or at my pc. It gives me a lot of comfort to know you. I must have sad cows disease as well ! Loads of love, Mel xxx