Thursday, 7 July 2011

Make it Colourful {Reflection in water} ~ my water needs a little work!!!!


Hi there! This is a birthday card I have made for my niece. She'll be 7 next week...my where has the time gone??
I have kept it simple as I know she will appreciate the picture (mermaids mad!!) & the colouring rather than a load of embellishments.

I have also made this card to go into Make it Colourful's challenge {Reflections in water}
I'm afraid my water needs a lot of work & I tried to do too much all at once. I wish I'd just stuck to the reflections instead of trying to do ripples...oh well better luck next time ha ha!!

My mermaid is sat on a little scene I have coloured myself with no actual image just a pencil drawing. So I had nothing to guide me except my pencil sketches. Came out quite well considering!!

I don't know if you can see in the pic but I have done her tail reflecting a little orange on the water, the stone reflecting some grey & a little pinky/red for the crab.

If you want to see better pics of reflections check out the Make it Colourful's wonderful design team's makes & don't forget they're celebrating all month because its Make it Crafty's first birthday!!

hugs Helen x x

5 comments:

rachel said...

lovely card:)

Vicky said...

Hi Helen,
Well done Helen for entering this weeks challenge, I was scared stiff as a GDT this month...I had a little more time than you to think about this theme and I freaked out.....lol

Sug, you did an amazing job, those ripples are stunning, Your way ahead of me.......I totally love your card....Big up respect to you!!!! Well done hun...

x
Vicky

...just Barbara said...

This is great - I love the green and orange color combo! :D Thanks for being brave enough to play along in this week's Make it Colourful challenge. ;D

Vanja said...

This is just beautiful, Helen! Fabulous colouring and I love how you did the reflections and the water in general. I know your niece is going to love it! Happy Birthday to her. :)

hugs
Vanja

Carole of Brum said...

Great job with the challenge, I like your gentle colour reflections and a very pretty scene all round. Very well done on taking up the challenge and joining in at Make It Colourful. CoB